Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My Story, My Path...

Wondering how Light Workers end up being Light Workers? It's different for everyone, as is all paths in life. Here's a very whittled-down version of mine...

A number of years ago, I was not only working in a well paying job, but was also offered the management position for our local branch. While I was delighted for the opportunity, it meant that I was required to put in long hours and to deal with a lot of stress. Determined, I threw myself into this work and was eager to prove myself, as most young people are when beginning their careers. The strain of the experience on my body, however, soon caused me dis-ease. I developed Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (M.E.), a genetic illness which requires a trigger to bring it out of its dormancy. It is also one that worsens when those it effects make attempts to fight it through physical activity & prescription medications. So what did this mean for me?

I began my search for information and methods of healing. Thankfully I already had a foundation in my faith and this aided me significantly during such a difficult time. I also quickly aligned myself with knowledgeable and supportive people. I needed to stop working, however, and focus on healing. I was told, too, that there was no cure and not much chance for noteworthy improvement. Not acceptable! I am an avid believer in the power of faith and positive thinking and this was how I began my true start toward becoming the person I am and the work that I now do.

Law Of Attraction is with us at all times. I had needs to be met & met they were! Finances?...provisions were arranged! A safe & quiet resting place?... a home I could live in on my own! Physical healing?... suddenly I began hearing of Light Workers offering services that complimented my needs & I accepted their assistance! Personal responsibility?... I was frequently hearing of all kinds of spiritual & self-help groups and I began caring for myself by accepting their teachings! Meditation. Positive Visualizations. Expressing Myself. Healthy Eating. Changing My Energy! Everything I started asking for was coming to me!

With each year that has passed since then, I have gained further healing & have become the expert of my world, my body, my soul. I took classes. I participated in creative-based women's groups. I signed up for workshops. I attracted many friends who were equally as dedicated to improving themselves and the world around them. I accepted the guidance of wise ones and also moved away from negativity. I began leading rather than following. Teaching. Sharing. My intuitive nature, of which I had always been sensitive to since childhood, began blossoming in abundance, as did my health, my confidence, my wisdom and my joy.

Who am I now? I am a follower of my own bliss. This is no hippy-dippy notion and is not as simple as it sounds. It takes courage. It takes knowing yourself. It takes trust in the Divine and in Self. I am someone who is thankful for a dis-ease that changed my life, for change it it did. Because I have known loss, I appreciate abundance so much more and I am not wasting it. I take joy in my work (of which there is much!) and the friends I have made (of which there are many!). I actually stop to smell the roses. I work with children in creativity and they bring me no end of smiles and laughter... I spend much of my days smiling and laughing. I ensure myself a peaceful environment, many times each day, allowing myself to experience and develop harmony within. I am someone who is grateful and want more! I am someone who cares to share what I have received and, so, if you are reading this and any of it sounds like something you might want for your own life, please accept this blog as a resource. I will continue to post blessings for you to use as you like and am available on-going for appointments.

Wishing you Safety, Health, Comfort & Love. Heather Home

***NOTE: One of my strongest beliefs is that everyone is entitled to their own spiritual belief systems (or lack of). All appointments can be geared to your belief and I encourage you to discuss this with me so that information can be applied in the appropriate context.)