Wednesday, October 10, 2007

About Affirmations...

Yes, affirmations may sound corny to some people, but the truth has been out there for some time now... the truth being that our thoughts really do change us! This is no longer simple quackery. A few years ago, with the help of some very technical equipment (not my area of expertise) people started taking photographs of cells actually changing after simple thought and / or meditation. These photographs have since made their way into art galleries, science centres and books! I encourage anyone interested to do their own research on this topic (the photos are astounding!). Although, as a light worker, I had already believed in the processes involved with positive thinking and its effects, this news served for proof in my mind. We literally become what we think. Most of us know this to be true anyway as we can see it in the people around us and their attitudes, but SEEING it as truth assists us in truly believing and taking more control over ourselves and our own thoughts and words. So...

Homework...

Repeat the following affirmation (or one you feel comfortable with) at least once a day, though I recommend often and especially each time we notice that we are having negative thoughts and / or using negative words...

"The Love of the Universe (or God, Goddess, Hightest Power, etc. ) fills my heart and does wonderous things for me and through me. I am whole, peaceful, wise, loving, prosperous, and free."

See what this does for you and how it affects your life.

Blessings & Light !