Thursday, July 24, 2008

Spreading Reiki As We Go...

I was recently out for one of my lovely evening walks, in and out and up and down our beautiful small-city streets and admiring the lovely gardens and contemplating Elementals and our gorgeous Mother Earth. Suddenly my hands turned on (as has often happened since receiving my Second Degree Reiki attunement) and I wondered if there was someone nearby who was in need of assistance that I was supposed to be directed to, but... not a soul around. I was suddenly guided to try something that had never occurred to me before! Read on...

A day or two before, a friend of mine who is an elementary school teacher who knows that I enjoy working with kids, love art, and love bringing light & beauty into the world, offered me a children's book to borrow. It was titled "Miss Rumphius" and contained a lovely little story with such beautiful artwork. It was about a woman who decided that she wanted to bring beauty to the world and so orders bushels of lupin seeds, carries them around in her pockets, and scatters them wherever she goes... the result, of course, being that the lupins begin to grow and spread over the years and this brings the beauty to the world that she was hoping for. This in turn is enjoyed by many...

Anyway, as I was on my walk, I was suddenly guided to "aim" my Reiki hands at our Mother Earth and just see what might take seed and grow. I have often sent out loving Reiki to our world during purposeful meditation and while providing myself with Reiki, but it had never before occurred to me to do this while walking in nature and in my community. My hands were simply pulling at me to do this, though!! I loved the feeling and, of course, the enjoyment of my walk and the appreciation of beauty was intensified that much further!

Now, I'm sure there are many, many people out there who have already been doing this for some time. My purpose in sharing my own experience is to, hopefully, inspire those of whom it had not before occurred (as had been my case), or to simply remind those of whom have. We are so fortunate to be here, to be among each other, to be capable of loving our Mother Earth and all she holds dear.

Exercise... Go forth and Reiki!!! Just do it!!! At any given moment... not just with clients and family and friends and during purposeful meditations. If you do not know how to Reiki, that's okay!! You too can, at any given moment, simply send out your loving intentions and visualize it being soaked up in all directions... and remember to receive the beautiful, loving energy that comes right through you and back to you.

Peace & love & light be with you.

Heather Home, Light Worker