Monday, March 21, 2016

In Memory Of Elaine Scollard...

One of my best friends passed away last week.  We were friends for 13 years and  I was honoured to offer a eulogy at her funeral today.  I will miss her deeply but am also glad for her that her soul has been set free (she absolutely loved the idea of freedom).  So many smiles.  So many memories.  I send her wishes for Peace & Joy in her new role as a celestial angel.
 Elaine Scollard
July 8, 1943 - March 14, 2016

From her memorial card...
DO NOT STAND AT MY GRAVE
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of  beautiful birds in circling flight.
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in the quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there.  I did not die.
- Mary Elizabeth Frye -